Monday, July 21, 2008

Life in the ER

Before I blog, Happy Birthday to Chanel Rosales and Angeline Pena. =)

So this past weekend was a pretty tiring one. On Friday, I worked until 7:30 and then Anthony swooped me up from work after I got off. We went back to my house so I could change, and then we ate and left around 8:30 to pick up Francis. Got to the Century at Tanforan around 9 and saw Tim's fatass with Rochelle and Candace. Haha, Tim was working but he was on his break so we waited for him because he said he would hook us up and get us in for free. We intended on watching The Dark Knight, but it was just released, so obviously it was sold out. We ended up watching Hellboy II, which was alright. But I wasn't complaining since Tim got all 3 of us in for free and free popcorn haha. Then the movie ended around 12 and we drove around like idiots going nowhere and then went back to my house to chill. Then they went home and I went to sleep and woke up hella late in the afternoon before getting ready to go to Chanel's party. Michelle and Jay picked me up and we headed over there a little bit early to see if they needed help with anything. The party was cool. I saw hella people that I haven't seen in hella long. After the party, me, Michelle, Jay and Chanel headed over to Chanel's house and chilled there. I crashed there til almost 3:30 in the morning before realizing I had to get up early for work at 10:30. -____- So I asked Michelle to bring me home since it was right up the block. I told myself I would just call in sick, but when I woke up the next morning to do it, I chickened out because I didn't want them to not schedule me cause they're shady like that. So I sucked it up and got ready and went to work..

Around 11, I started to have chest pains and was having a hard time breathing. I was originally suppose to work 10:30-4, but I ended up calling a co-worker to see if she could come in earlier than scheduled so I could leave early. As the day went on, the pain was just getting worse and worse and I couldn't take it anymore. I told my manager that I needed to go home, and I called my mom and asked her to pick me up early to bring me to the hospital. My co-worker said the earliest she could come was 2:30, so that's what time I got picked up. My mom picked me up, and we drove straight from my work to Kaiser in SSF. I was hella scared because I never felt pain like that before. And i didn't know what was wrong. When we were in the waiting room, I could tell my mom was hella scared and I felt bad because I know she wanted to do something but couldn't. And then as a result, I felt helpless too because I knew she couldn't help. I swear though, the people at Kaiser took hella long, and my mom started to get mad because I was having a hella hard time breathing. So she spoke to one of the nurses and asked that I see someone immediately. So finally, I saw a doctor. I was hella scared because I didn't know what to expect. The ER was hella scary because I saw people there that were hella sick and stuff, and it was kinda weird being in there with them. My doctor said that I had inflammation in my chest wall and something about swollen ribs or something. He said that I would be okay, but I would have to take medicine and get a shot or something. I was like O_O are you serious (I hate shots. Like...you don't even knowwwww..) and I asked him if there were any alternatives. He said I could take some pills, but it would take longer to alleviate the pain. But I resorted to it anyway just so I could avoid the shots. I took like these gigantic horse looking pills that were HELLA high dosages, and then I had to pick up the rest of my medicine at the pharmacy before going home. When I got home, I hella knocked out early in the evening and today, I stayed in bed because I still felt sick. I guess I'm okay now, but I feel hella drowsy and dizzy all the time. Like I said, the medicine they gave me is a hella high dosage, and I have to take it 3x a day. I hope I never experience going to the ER again. It was hella scary.

I think I kinda overthought what it would be like in there though..

..or maybe I watch too much Discovery Channel/Trauma Center/Untold Stories of the E.R. -_-


Regardless, I hope I don't have to go back there.

No comments: